Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spend time, or invest time

How do you spend your time? Well that’s a trick question. Anything we spend is gone. Like when we spend money, well, that money is gone. God teaches us to sow, he teaches us by example, as He has sown into our lives. Sowing produces, spending wastes. To gain more we must plant, we must learn to sow, we must learn to invest. So instead of thinking of spending time, think of investing time. Don’t spend time with your family, instead, invest time into your family. It’s a mental switch. If I’m investing time, then I’m not distracted, I’m not texting or surfing the web, playing my favorite phone game, Instead I’m in a position of sowing, of uplifiting, encouraging, of giving. With my family I try and create good memories. And when you’re off to work, don’t spend time at the job, invest time into the job, because now there is a return. Anyone can show up to work and go through the motions, instead, put your heart into it, be excellent, diligent, make an investment out of it. Give more than you are receiving. Work more than you are paid for. Be it relationships your occupation, or whatever, sow every where you go, plant, make life an investment into life, give more than you get. God is your reward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors