Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Lamp The Light The Bible

If you're looking for something at night, what do you need? Well a light. And for searching, the more light the better. According to  John 1, Jesus, is the word of God, and light. The Word of God is the bible, and it is described as a lamp unto my feet. Now listen to this: Proverbs 20:27 says "The lamp of the Lord searches the spirit of a man, it searches out his inmost being." For searching we need a lamp, the lamp of the Lord is the bible. Okay, so what is going on in your inmost being? Well I'm not sure, but it would be good to know, since it's you. Now lots of people try and search for themselves, trying to find out who they really are. But who you really are is only going to be revealed by the one who created you. And the tool He has given you is the bible. It is the lamp you need to reveal yourself. What can you do? What are you capable of? What is it you really want, or what are you here to do? What is your purpose? All good questions, but as you search make sure you grab your light, the bible.

2 comments:

  1. I have been a year in my apt, maybe longer without a lamp in my bedroom. I would have purchased one sooner except I can see ok with the light during the day and my walk in closet light at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why the simple things are the things we often overlook or don't realize. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors