Monday, December 26, 2011

A Running Theme


As we celebrate Christmas, and remember Jesus coming to the world as a man, well, we should remember His message.  Just after starting His ministry Jesus sets up the platform He stood for, the famous sermon on the mount.  Here he says things like, forgive your brother, be meek, pray for your enemies and, If someone asks you for some orange juice (I’m paraphrasing here), give him the whole bottle. Now we can’t cover the whole message in a minute, but we can summarize it with a passage in John 15:12 “My command is this, love one another as I have loved you.”  And How did Christ love us?  Well, he was willing to give up everything for us.  Let’s try that this week, I mean really try.  Husbands lay down your life for your wife, for your children.  Wives, you too.  Let’s all slow down a bit this week and remember the gift we can give Jesus, to really show our love to Him, is to love each other.  As He taught us in that same teaching.  If you love me, you will obey my command… and what was His command?  Ah yes, love each other.  I’m not saying it’s easy, but I can promise you what Jesus promised, it will lead to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors