Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Ghost Within

In John 14:17 Jesus is telling the disciples that He is going to be leaving, but he is sending the Holy Spirit.  He goes on to say “You know him, for He lives with you, and will be in you.”  Man could not receive the Holy Spirit inside until Jesus had completed the work.  After Jesus died and resurrected he breathed on the disciples and said “Receive the Holy Spirit.”  We know also that in Acts 2 they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.  This is important stuff, the Spirit that lived in Jesus, lives in you.  That is, the Spirit of God.  The Spirit that used to live in the Ark of the Covenant that was in the temple, you remember from Indiana Jones, yeah, you are now the temple of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus could heal the sick and walk on water, but he said even greater things will you do.  Now I know some get a little weird when talking about the Holy Spirit living in you, but I don’t.  They might say things like “well, I’m not sure about all that stuff..”  But I don’t listen to what people say, I listen to what God says.  The entire new testament is for me, and is full of the Spirit, and when I receive Christ I receive the Spirit of God with in me, and I’m good with that.  Jesus said the spirit will lead me to truth, and remind me of things that Jesus said.  Well I could use some leading and reminding from time to time.  And when I pray for my kid to not be sick, I know it isn’t me that heals, but the Spirit of God within me.  There are gifts of the Spirit, and fruit of the spirit.  And who wouldn’t want gifts and fruit.  I like strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors