Thursday, March 29, 2012

What's it to You?

So what's going on with Jimmy?  or How come Tom get's all that cool stuff and I don't.  Where's my share?  It's not fair?  Sherry seems to get everything she prays for and I still got nothing?   So Jesus has risen from the dead and he's visiting with Peter and John.  Well Jesus gives Peter some instructions about his future, and tells him about some rough stuff coming too, and so Peter points to John and asks Jesus "Lord, what about him?"  You know the question.  He's saying.. "Me... what about that John guy, what about him?"  So Jesus answers "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you.  You must follow me."  So Jesus is saying not to compare yourself with others, but to concern yourself with you, and what God has given you to do.  He's kinda saying to Peter, hey, mind your own business.  Sometimes we see someone elses life and we may be tempted to make comparisons, asking questions, why not me?  Why them?  This doesn't seem fair.  So Jesus is saying, Hey, trust me, I know what I'm doing, just follow me.  Comparisons with others, what they have, or don't have, these things are superficial, keep your eyes fixed on the goal, follow Christ.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jason what a good reminder! I was just thinking about this a few days ago. It's such a temptation at times to compare my life with someone else's . I think along with the positives of Facebook the negative can be seeing a snippet of others lives and feeling they have it all together and I don't. I read someone who said we need to be like racehorses who are fitted with blinders that keep them from seeing what is to the side of them. Only looking ahead.. One focus. I need to be like that. Thanks Jason for an excellent reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors