Monday, February 11, 2013

Knowing the Will of God



Okay, God has a plan for your life, and you may be asking, well, “what is that plan?”  Well, there is a great key in Romans 12:2 – it says “Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.”  So you may have heard this scripture before.  But there also may be more in here we haven’t seen. 

If we aren’t sure of God’s will for our lives, it may be because we have some more renewing of the mind to do.  We are in need of a bit more transformation.  We are still conforming to some patterns of this world.  “God, what would you have me do?”  Well, if it isn’t clear, then what He has you doing is more renewing.  Any new project will probably require some new skill, knowledge, and effort.  Therefore for there to be a new level in my life, a new transformation must begin in me.  Sounds easy right?  Well, transforming can be tough since this world is very loud.  The world is quite good at unnewing our mind.  (I made that word up).  Unnewing is decaying your mind, and as a result, it decays your world.  The world is yelling for us to conform, from the TV we watch to the people we talk to, and the things we read. We are surrounded by it, inundated constantly by the worlds message.  The world has a system for marriage, relationships, money, dating, eating, living, but have you noticed that the worlds system is broken.  It isn’t working.  But God’s system still works and it leads to life. 

Transformation comes through meditation.  If I can focus my thoughts on one subject for a great deal of time it will bring transformation.  We sometimes think that transformation comes from making a choice.  Really, the choice is only the beginning.  If I choose to start working out, well, I probably will only stay disciplined to that work out for a few weeks.  But if I were to meditate daily on working out, study, plan, envision, and devise, for a long period of time, then I would become the type of person who works out as a normal routine.  Now I’m not trying to get you to work out.  I’m saying that if you can have focused thought about a scripture, and truly meditate on it daily (and nightly), it will begin to transform you.  Your mind will be made new concerning that scriptures unique wisdom.  Don’t be so surrounded with the world’s message, but instead, surround your brain with the bible.  To renew our mind and fight the decay that attacks us we are best armed with the word of God.  When I get the word of God in my mind and spend time thinking about it, my mind is renewed.  It remembers to love, to have hope, and to do what is right.  And a bunch of renewing has me transforming, and a bunch of transforming has me clearly knowing God’s will.
www.livingwordonline.com
Living Word Bible Church, Mesa, Scottsdale, Ahwatukee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors