Monday, June 10, 2013

Jesus My Advocate

1 John 2:1 says, “My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous.” Ok, so the goal here is to not sin, but hey, sometimes you might sin. And it doesn't say "But if anyone does sin, well you're gonna burrrrn." Instead it says, hey, I'm hoping you don't sin, but if you do, you have an advocate. An advocate is someone who comes to your aid, helps you, and pleads your case before a judge. Now Jesus is your advocate, and one thing you may notice about Jesus, He's really good at everything. So you have the best advocate ever, and He'll never send you a bill. He's absolutely free. Sometimes we get the idea that Christianity is about don't sin or you're gonna burn. But really Christ was about forgiveness. He says, well, you might sin, but I won't and then I'll take your sin, even the ones you haven't committed yet, and I'll nail them to the cross with Me. I'll even take them to the grave. And then He stands before the Lord, and when you sin, He's your advocate, and He says, I already paid the price for this sin. I died for it. Yeah, Jesus is your advocate. Like that.
Pastor Jason Anderson - The Living Word Bible Church

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors