Monday, December 9, 2013

Home

So, Jesus is 12 years old and his parents can't find him. For three days they search, and then they find him. Do you know where he was? He was at church. So, he says to them, “Why were you searching for me? Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?” Jesus is with you, and His spirit is already in you, but here in the scripture He gives us another insight. He wants us to come hang out with Him at His Father's house… church. When we receive Christ, we become children of God, and this makes our Father's house not just a house, but a home. Some people think of going to church as a chore, like going to the gym. But if you make church a chore, well you might not go. Church isn't a chore–it’s home. After a hard day, I want to go home. And after a week, I should want to go to church, which is also my home. Home is where I greet my family, eat some food, take a seat, and put up my feet. The food we eat is the Word of God. The other people are family. It's home. So, when you go to church, well… make yourself at home.

Pastor Jason Anderson
Living Word Bible Church
Scottsdale | Mesa | Ahwatukee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors