Thursday, January 27, 2011

Are You in a Mess?

Joel 2:1 Blow the trumpet in Zion. The trumpet is something we blow when we are in need of God’s help. When Israel was attacked by an enemy the trumpet would be the signal for Israels army to assemble and get ready for battle. But we are not told to blow the trumpet in Israel, but to blow the trumpet in Zion. Zion is not just a city from the Matrix movie, but is spoken of in the word as the city of God. God is telling you that when things are going wrong, and you are pretty sure you are losing the battle, you can call on God’s help, and his army will assemble and fight the battle for you. Now God’s pretty tough, and his army isn’t about to lose. Your mess may seem pretty big, but God can squash it like a little bug. You don’t need a real trumpet either, prayer is the general idea to calling in the big guns. Prayer is your trumpet. I get myself in a mess everynow and then, luckily I got a God with a bunch of mercy, who will come to my aid even when I may not deserve it. Think about it, he sent his son to die for me, and I didn’t deserve that. Are you in a mess, get out your trumpet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors