Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It matters what we are saying.

When I was a kid I learned a great little rhyme, ring around the rosy, pockets full of posey, ashes, we all fall down. I have no idea what this is saying but the ashes part tells me something burnt, and then I fall. Well that can’t be good. Or lets tell a story of the our hero a cute little egg man who falls off the wall. And don’t forget that the London bridge is falling down. Yeah, nursery rhymes: Psalms 91:2 says “And I will say of the Lord “He is my refuge, and my fortress, My God in Him will I trust”. Well try saying this outloud. You see, it matters what we are saying, and this is the kind of stuff God wants us saying. Ponder the kinds of things we speak through the day, like I’m broke, I got no money left, I don’t know what I’m going to do now, this is never going to work, oh just my luck, or where is God? What if instead of saying that kind of stuff, which just brings us and others down, what if looked at our problem and then said, “God is my refuge, and in Him will I trust”. Well that feels a bunch better doesn’t it. And I’ll be in the Hebrew version, it even rhymes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors