Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How Can I Thank You?


So I really like my wife, you know, and she likes me too. I mean, well, I love her, and so sometimes, you know, I want to thank her for, well, tolerating me. But how can I say thank you, you know, besides just saying it. There are many ways we can thank others. Psalms 30:4 says "Sing to the Lord all of you followers, give thanks to His holy name." Am I a follower of God? Uh, yeah, I'm trying... Ah, so here it is, a song of thanksgiving. So maybe one way I can be thankful is to sing. Now I don't know that my wife would want to hear me singing a song to her, but you know who does.. God. And a great place for this... church. Every week at church some songs are being sung to thank God. And in this scripture it isn't a question, but it really is a command. Now maybe not all of us are great singers. (meee meee mee mmee) But no matter how bad we might sound, my heart has a glorious song for the Lord, one that says "Thanks for loving me, thanks for the breath, thanks for Your son, thanks for rice crispie treats, and of course, thanks be to your holy name. Oh, and thanks for the milk and the honey too. Praise God... Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors