Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thank You


Well, I get my kids some ice cream, and you know, when it's all gone my youngest starts crying.... "I want more." So I understand why he's crying, cuz, you know, I wanted more too, but then a part of me is thinking, "Hey, just be thankful for what you got." Sounds like something my dad would've said. So God has moments of ice cream in your life, but you know, not all moments are a bowl of ice-cream. Being thankful to God isn't always because everything is golden today, being thankful is recognizing that He loves you, that He desires for you to have joy, and He wants to give you some.. well, ice cream in life. I think He refers to it as a Promised Land filled with milk and honey. And it's not like the ice cream that’s all sugary and fattening, God's promises are wonderful for you. In I Chronicles 23:30 the Priests were required to "Stand every morning to thank and praise the Lord. They were to do the same in the evening." So this wasn't an optional thank you, and it didn't matter whether they were grumpy that day, (or had run out of ice cream). I think we can learn from this, we are called a royal priesthood. Let's get thankful every morning and every night! And ummm.   Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors