Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Runny Nose of Shame

You ever get a runny nose.  It's frustrating.  It's a sign you have a cold.   Romans 3:20 "No one will be declared righteous by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin"  So a sign that we are still struggling with the law, that is, we are attempting to be righteous by our own hard work, is that we are sin conscious.  It's a runny nose of our Christianity. We become acutely aware of our own sin, and everyone else.  It becomes all you see.  Everything is a sin.  It's like Old McDonald's Sin Farm.  With a sin sin here and a sin sin there, ya know, everywhere a sin sin.  God has shown us a better way, a seed He has planted in us called forgiveness.   You see the power of sin is defeated when I stop staring at it so much, but instead I keep my eyes fixed on Jesus.  Then I'm no longer worried so much about what everyone else is doing wrong.  Instead I have love and forgiveness for others operating in me as Christ lives in me.  Grace then becomes my teacher of right living, and I live out my life serving God in confidence that I am worthy because of Christ.  And you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors