Friday, April 27, 2012

Let Him Help

If someone asks me, "Hey, mind if I wash your car?” I might be like, yeah, go for it bro.  And then I should respond, I should be thankful.  So Jesus is explaining this in Luke 7:32 as He says "We played the flute for you and you did not dance; we sang a dirge and you did not cry."  He was saying that there should be a reaction to what Jesus has come to give.  Jesus came to give, and many rejected him.  John the Baptist came to baptize and teach and help, and many rejected him.  They were playing the flute, ya know, for free, but no one was dancing.    The flute was the action, the dance should be the reaction.  So Jesus has given it all, and He loved you while you were yet a sinner.  He has teaching after teaching in His word meant to help you live a great and effective life.  So we should have a reaction.  Our reaction should be to love back, to listen to the words, to do something.  And if Jesus starts playing the flute, well I'm thinking you should cut a little rug, do a little jig, moon walk, do the robot, we should react to all the Lord has brought us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors