Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Poor, Put Down, Goner


Proverbs 22:4 says "Humility and the fear of the Lord brings wealth and honor and life."  Here we can see there are some things God wants from us, and some things that God wants us to receive.  Here it is humility and the fear of the Lord that God wants from us. Humility is when I realize I really don't know it all, and I allow others to teach me.   The fear of the Lord is my respect and reverence for my creator.  He is God, and I am not.  And hey, I'm okay with that.  As I learn to have these things in my life I will be bringing to me wealth, honor, and life.  But if I choose to live my life as a know it all, and I do it the worlds way instead, then instead of wealth, honor and life, I guess I might end up a poor, put down, goner.  So which one do I want?   Hmmm, let’s see.  The life one is sounding pretty good.  And honor.  Honor sounds better than the put down one.  You know sometimes we seek God’s results instead of the source of the results.  Don’t look for what you need, look for who you should become, humility and the fear of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors