Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Getting it Right


Ok, so now imagine I'm riding in the car with you, in the seat right next to you and I'm all, man you stink. So then you go home and shower and put some deodorant on, but maybe I wasn't talking about your smell, maybe I meant your driving. It's really easy to misunderstand people isn't it? And it's going to happen, but you know what we don't want to misunderstand? We don't want to misunderstand the Word of God. For this reason Jesus sent us a teacher. He says in John 14:25 "The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things, and will remind you of everything I have said to you." God does not want to be misunderstood. Two things are important then here. First, ask God to help you understand the word of God. Next, you must be hearing and reading the word of God. Remember that Jesus said “the Holy Spirit will remind you everything I have said to you.” Get more bible in you so the Holy Spirit has something to remind you of.  Besides, who couldn't use a little reminder every now and then. Oh, that reminds me, I should tell you, you don’t stink, you smell great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors