Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pray Also for Me


Paul is a powerful man of the Lord.  And Paul writes in Ephesians 6:19 "Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel.." Paul asked for prayer. Paul, the great apostle who planted and lead churches across the land, who's hand wrote some of God's words for us to read 2,000 years later. Paul who saw miracles and the impossible, who saw angels, who met Jesus on the road to Damascus, yeah, even that guy knew when he needed others to pray for him. So two thing I get from this. First, never be afraid to ask others to pray with you. There is power in prayer, it is an advantage we have over this world, we can include God in our world…. We can pray. If Paul can ask for prayer, then so can you. Second, our leaders need prayer sometimes. They give and give and give, but who stops to pray for them. Even Jesus on the night He was betrayed asked His disciples to pray for Him. Do you need prayer? How about that guy, does he need prayer?  And you, or you and him, and her, and that dude on the bike. Yeah, and me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors