Monday, November 7, 2011

Take Up My Case


So I'm in front of a judge for a speeding ticket. Uhh, yeah, I sped.  Now I know you never speed, but there I was, and so I pay my fine and off I go. And I was thinking, when it comes to doing right and wrong, the judge holds us accountable, to be, well, just. I was also thinking I would stop speeding.  Now who is the ultimate judge? Well, this would be God right? So then I'm thinking, if I'm in front God to be judged, well, it would be different. I mean the only thing the speeding judge knew about me was that I had been speeding. But God, well, He knows a lot more than that. I might need a lawyer... So I'm reading in Lamentations 3:58 "O Lord, you took up my case; you redeemed my life." So God is the judge, and who has redeemed your life?  Well Jesus has!  And He has taken up your case. Now if there was ever anyone you want on your side, taking up your case, well, it's Jesus. And then to remember that God, the judge, is the one who sent his son to redeem us, and to take up our case.  Ah yes, God the judge is also God my father.  Amen.

1 comment:

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors