Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Working for Da Man


My first job was mopping floors at Dunkin Donuts. Well, on the first day I mopped, my boss was all mad cause I stunk it up at mopping. So he's yelling at me. He said "Did you even do what I told you?" Well when he wasn't around I mouthing off about what I thought of him, if you know what I mean. So what's the big deal about that? First Timothy 6:1 says "All who are under a yoke of slavery should consider their masters worthy of full respect, so that God's name and our teaching may not be slandered." Well most of us work for somebody, and here God is telling us that he wants us to give that person full respect. I wasn't giving full respect was I? Now it didn't say to give full respect because they are a good boss, or a respectable person. The respect I was to give, was to become a gift from me, why... well because God said so. And God is worthy of respect. This respect becomes a testimony others of the different life and attitude we as Christians have chosen, and that is to love. Now do what I say, or your fired. Wait, uhh, you don’t work for me.  You work for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors