Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Love


After Jesus dies and resurrects he finds some of his disciples fishing.  Come on fellas.  So Jesus sits down with Peter by the fire for a fish breakfast, and he asks Peter..”Simon, son of John, do you truly love me more than these?”  Now Peters original name was Simon, and Jesus changed it to Peter.  Simon has kind of become the guy he used to be, not the guy Jesus had called him to be.  Well Peter said “yes Lord, you know that I love you.”  So Jesus says, “Feed my lambs.”  Well this same question happens three times.  Now Jesus wasn’t worried about his farm here, the lambs he meant are the children of God.  The food here is the word of God.  The point is that Jesus wants Peter doing what he’s called him to do, to serve God, and Jesus was saying if you love me… do this.  You see love is an action, something you do, I can say I love my wife, but at some point I need to show her with something I do.  You may love your mom and dad, your brother or sister, but when do you show them?  You may love your neighbor, but it’s not love until you show it.  Do you love Jesus, well of course you do, k, now show him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors