Friday, August 10, 2012

But I Don't Like to Suffer

Romans 8:17 teaches us that we should share in Christ's sufferings. So what are


these sufferings? Well, Christ suffered on the cross. Keep in mind that he paid


the price on the cross in full, so that I would not have to suffer. For instance, He


became sin on the cross so that I could be forgiven. Ok, so what suffering does


God want me to share in? Well, he said it clearly in John 15. He told me to lay


down my life for others. You know, stopping what you want in order to help


someone else can feel a little like suffering. He has called me to that kind of


love. This means doing the dishes when you don't want to, letting others have


the best, loving even when you don't feel like it, forgiving when no one has said


they were sorry, and giving even if you haven't received anything. It means


being in a good mood when you have had a bad day. It's a letting go of what


your wants are, and making others needs more important. And Romans 5 tells


me to rejoice in my sufferings. So be happy in your loving others. Because


suffering produces perseverance, and that produces character, and character

hope, and hope doesn't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous in all comments.

Contributors